- Client Server model is utilizes clients and server devices, each designed for specific purpose.
- It used in Internet as well as LAN(s).
- Examples of Client server devices are :
- Web browser and Web Servers
- FTP browsers and web servers.
- DNS servers.
CLIENT AND SERVER
- Client devices are normally PCs with network software applications installed that are able to request and and receive in formations through internet.
Examples for clients : Mobile Devices as well as Desktop computers.
- Server devices are typically store file and databases with complex applications like as websites.
Features of a server device is : high-power central processor, larger disk drives(large capacity) than clients.
CLIENT- SERVER APPLICATIONS
- The client server model distinguish between devices and as well as applications.
- Examples : email, FTP and web services
CLIENT- SERVER MODEL IN LAN
- Many home networks utilized this system.
- Examples Broadband Routers that contains DHCP Servers that provide IP addresses to home computers. and also printer servers and backup servers are also found in home network.
CLIENT SERVER MODEL AND PEER-TO-PEER NETWORKS
- In the client-server model, the server is a central system. The more simultaneous clients a server has, the more resources it needs.In a peer-to-peer network, 2 or more computers pool their resourses and communicate in a decentralized system.
- peers are PC(s) their shared resources may not be available on both of them only.
Thankyou wiki and about.com